Learning to Trust Myself



The detours on this journey are where I've learned the most.
I've come along way, a very long way, and in this journey, I've learned some lessons.  The most valuable lesson I've finally learned is to trust myself and no longer give into feelings of guilt.  Guilt either has to do with feeling bad for doing someone wrong or feeling bad because you did something wrong.  I don't give it time to sink in.  I internally address the wrong and forgive myself and think of another way to handle it better the next time.   I've proven over and over again that many times that my initial reaction was justified, even though I may have in the past felt bad or guilty for an action.  I realize that sometimes when I may not consciously know why I handled myself in a certain manner, I later realize that my action was justified.  My conscious may not know, but my subconscious knows, and that's why I responded so.  

It is a great journey, which is quite rewarding.    Nothing feels better than releasing yourself from feelings of guilt or feeling that you’re undeserving of good or unworthy.  Nothing feels better than when you love and accept yourself.  I love me!  Strangely enough though, when I learned to love me, I didn't feel the need for a boyfriend or mate anymore.   I had filled my own void.  But that's another topic, for another post.

Sometimes we should take the road less travelled.

Comments