“I thought you would have moved on…”, were the words of a
customer from overseas visiting our beautiful island during our annual
celebration, the Carnival. This
sentiment has been echoed through other customers’ mouths to me. So when the many customers see me dealing
with the stress of this job and believe, ‘hey, she will move on’, I say no!.
![]() | |
| Put my name on the schedule and pay me on a friday, I'll do everything else in between. . . . |
But what they don’t realize is I may not have moved on, no,
I moved up. I moved up! Instead of being frustrated and moving on to
another stressful job, I chose to thrive right here in this humble job. No, I will not be
frustrated out. No, I will not be stressed out. I
will find ways to manage, ease and eliminate the stress. No, I will not quit until I am good and
ready, until I have completely benefitted from this job and it has fulfilled
its purpose in my life. No, my life will
not be disrupted. And no, I will not
live in a cycle of perpetual poverty. I
will thrive right where God has planted me.
I will not move on. I will not go
back! I will go up!
![]() |
| I don't so much care what is required of me. I give the company 8 and a half hours, 6 days a week . . . |
Instead of being frustrated and bouncing aimlesly from job to job, I choose to stay right here in this stressful job and endure. Because I choose to endure this job instead
of going from job to job, I can focus my energy elsewhere and put my job of
endurance on autopilot.
![]() |
| I do what they want when I'm there, . . . |
I will not move on! I will not go back. I will go up!
In today's world
anything is possible, make your life, your job, your situation work for
you! Who would have thought Nicki Minaj could make her life work for her
20 years ago? Who would have thought Cardi B would be who she is?
Who would have thought Jay-Z could have made his millions? Make your life
work for you! Be unconventional. Set goals, don't be ashamed of
where you are currently, you have to start somewhere. Progress. Be
self-made!
![]() |
| . . . so that I can do what I want when I'm not there, Junel Barnes. |




Comments
Post a Comment
Please comment on this post, or email me, Jeb, Junel Barnes at jebssecret@gmail.com.